Bleach Broken Chains

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A Bleach RP

4 posters

A visit from an old friend and a Test

Shin
    Shin
    Level 35

A visit from an old friend and a Test Empty A visit from an old friend and a Test

Post by Shin Sun Aug 01, 2010 4:06 pm

Shin waited outside the gates of Verailles. Holding his pipe with his right hand, he blow out a line of smoke. The sun shinned down on to France. It was a beautiful afternoon. Looking over to the left he glimpes the wine glass filled with white wine in his left hand. It came straight from France, and tasted sweet on a day like this. Removing the pipe from his mouth to yawn before taking a sip of his wine. It had been a long time since he had seen Armond, and was starting to get giddy as he waited for his friend that he had met in the Academy so long ago. Those were the good days. Convincing Armond to train with him almost everyday. Sitting with him and Tai during classes. They were almost in seperatable. Not that it mattered in the end. Both of them had left Soul Society. They had different reasons, but they both ended up together again, while Shin was left to take the role of Captain Commander. The last time Shin had talked to Armond was right before he had left for the battle in New York. Of course he hadn't seen him, considering he himself was in the heart of the battle killing the Espada and Vasto Lordes. Shin took another drink of his wine. It really was a nice day. Not too hot like it had been earlier in the summer. It was August now in France, so it was starting to cooldown. He was glad that he had made the decision to move the Shinigami to France. The country was nice, it wasn't easy to get to Soul Socitey because they were no longer in the plane of spirits but on one closer to the plane of humans, yet on a different plane that the 12th Division had discovered on his command. Shin placed the pipe back into his mouth before sitting down on the grass.

A visit from an old friend and a Test Empty Re: A visit from an old friend and a Test

Post by Guest Sun Aug 01, 2010 4:43 pm

Armond had gotten a message a while back about this meeting. He rolled his neck a bit as he walked to the location. He had other things he'd much rather be doing than associating with modern day Shinigami. They barely held up at the battle of New York. He saw how the supposed 2nd Division Captain associated with Shin's brother. It was pitiful. The Soul Society had truly fallen to new lows in the time that he'd been away. Or maybe his hatred for it had risen, he didn't know, he didn't care. All he knew was that he was short a Vizard and he needed to look for him. But Shin was an old friend, and they had this planned first. Priorities lay with the search, but he had other people to do that for him. As was his style, his reiatsu was virtually undetectable. Nobody could truly hide their reiatsu, but Armond was an assassin at heart. If he wanted to be noticed he would be, if he didn't want to be noticed he wouldn't be. And right now, he didn't want to be. He hid nearby and waited. He had a perfect view of everything that was going on around him, but he was out of sight. Armond only snapped a single twig so that Shin would be aware of his presence within the shadows.
    Shin
    Shin
    Level 35

A visit from an old friend and a Test Empty Re: A visit from an old friend and a Test

Post by Shin Sun Aug 01, 2010 7:21 pm

Shin closed his eyes when he heard Armond stepped on the twing. Shin had sensed him just seconds before. He was glad that Armond had came. Four plans. Thats how many ways he came up with to attack Armond, and odds are he would have to use at least two of them at once to even try and get a jump on his old friend. Shin removed his pipe and blew out a cloud of blue smoke before calling out to Armond. "Its good to see you again old friend, so come out of the shadows and sit down, its been so long since we've had some time alone." Shin took a sip of his wine again. Armond was still in good condition. Shin could tell by the way he kept his reaitsu level low. It was the way he played. Lurk in the shadows, and attack when the opponent has their gaurd down. That or keep them on their toes until they mentaly broke down. Shin smiled as he remembered the times he spared with Armond. Those were the good times. Shin finished his wine as he waited for Armond's reply.

Post by Guest Sun Aug 01, 2010 11:59 pm

Armond shook his head and then remembered that he was hidden. "No thanks. I'm fine in the shade. . .When are the brats supposed to be here? You know I don't like these people, and I do have better interests than seeing if they know if they should hold the blade of the handle. . ." Armond laid down and played with his ear. He was debating getting an earring. But he wasn't sure how worth it it'd be. He was, after all, a Vizard. But still, it could look nice. Oh well, he had all the time in the world, quite literally. His zanpakuto was hidden on his body. He'd be damned if anyone would find it. He lay there with one leg bent, and the other cross over it. His arms were behind his head. He had his eyes closed. In his mind's eye he saw Raion standing before him just shaking his head. Armond was not in the mood for a lecture from the spirit. Not in the least bit. Raion faded from view without a word.
    Shin
    Shin
    Level 35

Post by Shin Mon Aug 02, 2010 12:52 am

Shin let a cloud of blue smoke escape his lips before replying to Armond. "You did always prefer the shadows." Shin yawned. It was good to hear his voice again after so long. "I know you hate being here, but I thought it would be nice to get together and have some fun with just the two of us, for old times sake." Shin said while he looked up to the sky. Armond wasn't going to be very happy about what he said next, considering Armond didn't like to be kept waiting from more important matters. "The Captains won't be coming here. I will be sending them each a hell butterfly telling them to meet us in the training field in Verailles." Shin got up from his spot and stretched. "Let us go. I don't want you to be waiting all day." Shin called for several hell butterflies and gave them all a message before walking into the gates of Verailles, his home and barracks of the 1st division.
    Reyne
    Reyne
    Level 20

Post by Reyne Mon Aug 02, 2010 2:38 am

Reyne sighed, it was early in the morning and there wasn’t much to do, other then work. Reyne changed into her unique squad two-captain uniform and walked down to the dojo. She took off her captain’s coat and did some kendo/judo martial arts practice, if nothing else it gave her a work out and time to think. While Reyne was taking a break a hell butterfly greeted her with the message that she had to take a test and it was in Versailles. “Oh well, guess I have no choice then.” Reyne took the few short moments to shower and changed into clean clothes before heading there, for it wouldn’t take her but five minutes or so anyways.

Reyne reached the gates and put her hand on the hilt of her zanpakto, Hikaru sensed something close and it interested her. Reyne sighed and walked through the gates,it was to early to be doing a test, she hoped she could have some time to wake up abit more before it was her turn. She then looked to find her Captain Commander and his guest, one of her former commanders: Armond. She hoped her past of killing two espada and serving that war would be good enough, but she thought she could at least stay alive through whatever test this was going to be.

"Well at least I get to see Armond again, though wish he wasn't giving the test, then again that goes for the Captain Commander as well" Reyne thought to herself as she wondered through, to wherever they were to meet, While drinking a some caffine.

Last edited by Reyne on Mon Aug 02, 2010 3:11 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Shin
    Shin
    Level 35

Post by Shin Mon Aug 02, 2010 2:22 pm

Shin arrived at the field where the test was going to be taken. It was 05:30 hours. Another hour and a half before the test was to start. The captains that were to take the test were the ones who had survived the battle in New York. Not that many had survived that battle, Captains included. Shin yawned while he took out his sixteen in pipe from his robes. This pipe was really his zanpaktou in disguise. Not many people knew that, the only ones who did were people he either fought or fought beside. Shin sat down on the ground and placed his pipe across his legs. "Armond, I would like you to stay in hiding until all of the Captains called have arrived. Then after introductions are made, you may attack all of the Captains at once, or take your pick from the small group." Shin close his eyes, and thought to himself. Not only did the rank of Captain lay on the lines of this test but so did their lives. For a Captain to fail this test meant death as well.
    Kyle
    Kyle
    Level 20

Post by Kyle Mon Aug 02, 2010 4:32 pm

Kyle was walking towards the 1st divisional squad barracks. He was a bit pissed with a lot of stuff, and he was even more pissed to know that Ripper was gaining control of him. His usual kind and caring self was leaving him. Yet he was still putting up a good fight. He had to, after all it wouldn't seem to make sense if Ripper got the upper hand. He wanted to remain the person in control, and not fall prey to Ripper and his annoying ways of doing things. Even though he tended to go out a lot. If anything Kyle was scared of Ripper, and what he might do. He began to think of Reyne, and how Ripper would only hurt her. He wouldn't allow such a thing to happen. Not so long as he still drew breath he wouldn't. If the time came down to it, he'd take his life. Ripper wasn't going to gain control of him.

A few minutes later Kyle arrived. He slowly opened the door with his right hand while his left remained his pocket. As he entered he noticed both his brother and Reyne. Yet there was something not right about the whole thing. They looked as if something was going to happen. Kyle shook his head, and look around. No one was in sight. He couldn't feel anything. Though he felt there was more than his brother, Reyne, and himself in the room. Kyle made sure to keep his guard up. He didn't want to get jumped. As he walked towards Shin, and Reyne he gave them both a warm smile, and friendly wave. "Hey you two." Kyle greeted, as he walked up beside Reyne. "Hey Reyne, how are you holding up after the battle. Your wounds healed up?" Kyle asked in a warm, loving, and caring tone. Kyle then turned to Shin. "Hey brother, what is it you wished to talk about?" Kyle asked.
    Shin
    Shin
    Level 35

Post by Shin Wed Aug 04, 2010 4:12 pm

(OOC: Reyne you cannot see Armond. He is hiding somewhere in the training field, not standing right behind Shin.)
    IC:

Shin watched as Reyne walked into the training field, shortly followed by his brother Kyle. Shin didn't smile when his younger brother greeted him. "Good morning Captain Yamashina. Captain Edo. I hope you both slept well." It was going to be interesting in how they fought two of the most powerful beings known in the world of souls. If they couldn't find a way to deal with both himself and Armond, than they would find themselves lying on the ground either critically wounded or worse dead. Shin sighed as he thought of that. It would be a shame to lose two captains he saw great potiental in. Either way, win and survive, or lose and die, it was going to a hell of a day for all the captains who decicded to show up.

Shin looked up and stared into Kyle's eyes. "I see the rose has whethered and died. Try to keep up the fight as long as possible Captain Yamashina, but don't be afraid to let go sometimes." Shin blew out a cloud of blue smoke. "I called you here to prove your worth as one of the Captains of the Gotei 13. It will test your stamina, physical strenght, teamwork, mobility, how you keep your cool in tough situations, and anything else you can think of." Shin looked up into the sky and noticed where the sun was sitting at. "Its six o'clock right now. We will wait for the other Captains for another hour, after the hour is up we will begin the test."
    Shin
    Shin
    Level 35

Post by Shin Sat Aug 07, 2010 11:42 am

Shin was getting tired of waiting for the other Captains to show up and decided to start the test. Taking the pipe out of his mouth, he stored it in his robes. and stared at both Kyle and Reyne. "The conditions to complete this test is one, make us summon our Bankai and two, and two, survive until we have deemed this test over." Shi grabbed the pipe that was sitting across his lap, and stood up, stretching before taking a lazy stance in front of them. "Come. The two of you have the first move. Oh and don't hold back, or else you'll regret it later." Changing his stance, Shin holds his pipe diagonlly across his chest, with the bowl facing the ground. This should be interesting, what looked like a two on one was about to turn into a two on two. Lets see who they deal with Armond, a lost captain of the Gotei 13, and one of the best at that.
    Zeno
    Level 20

Post by Zeno Tue Aug 10, 2010 3:55 am

Zeno walked to the field that his fellow Captains were in. He was late, as usual. This time he didn’t have much of an excuse, he was just lazy, even after hearing of the test. He didn’t regret it, he definitely had one hell of a nap. He also had one of the best dreams, until he was woken up by one of his squad members, that asshole. He walked quietly as he heard the good ol’ Captain commander explaining the rules of this special little test. Taking a quick look he also saw Reyne and Kyle, early and at the ready, definitely something to look up to, unfortunately Zeno didn’t like looking up. Anyway, the rules were pretty simple, standing up to them with their bankai, but ‘them’ meant more than one, he didn’t see anyone else. That didn’t matter, even if there were two, Zeno himself with Reyne and Kyle made it a handicap match, which Zeno frowned upon. His whole life Zeno lived on honorable one-on-one deathmatches, granted Shin was probably more powerful than the three of them combined, he didn’t like the numbers. However, seeing as he was late as it is, he wasn’t going to argue.

He decided he should probably let them know he was there. ”Already starting the party without me? How do ya think that makes me feel?” He walked to join Reyne and Kyle as he had to work with them on this. He turned to Shin, sounding more respectful this time around. “I apologize for my tardiness, I got held up.” he bluffed. He said his little apology, now he had to transition before he was called out on his lazy lie. ”I heard the rules on the way here, sounds like a heap of fun, and I’m sure none of us will disappoint.” He stood around now and waited for something to happen, or someone to ay something.
    Kyle
    Kyle
    Level 20

Post by Kyle Wed Aug 11, 2010 2:17 am

Kyle's eyes went wide as he heard his brother say they had to go through a test. Adam couldn't believe it, and at the same time he sorta had a feeling something like this was going to happen. He wondered who would take his life. Would it be the man or woman hidding, or would it be his brother either way he wasn't going to fight his brother. He would rather accept death then fight or harm his brother. After all he was almost raised with him. Kyle didn't show any of this though he mearly had his hands in his pockets, with bit of a pained face. Kyle looked back to Reyne, and smiled. "Make sure you fight Shin you don't get right stuck in a dead lock, either hit him from a distance or take him out up close and personal, meaning face to face; almost to the point your nose is touching his, remember his pipe does have good reach. Zeno good to see you, I need you to help Reyne take on the Captain Commander Shin. I'll take on the one hidding in the shadows." Kyle said with a serious face. Kyle then turned to Reyne once again. "Reyne you know why I'm not going to fight him but if anything is going to happen I'll only be in arms reach for support." Kyle said with a smile.

With all said Kyle looked around. "I'll fight the one in the shadows." Kyle announced.

Post by Guest Thu Aug 12, 2010 1:31 am

Armond had to admit it was cute, in a revolting kind of way. Shin's little brother always so paranoid. So on edge. It made for a good show before a lame fight. The fight would only be lame because it was against a Shinigami. Armond really didn't want to be here. He was tired of being around Shinigami. And he was slightly irritated with Shin. They had talked about the fight before hand. Armond wasn't allowed to use his full force. Such bullshit in his eyes, but Armond would live. He wasn't so sure if the Captains would. Accidents happen in battle. Armond had been listening passively and hiding in the shadows, but after Zeno showed up, whom he also ignored, he got up and stretched. He left the shadows with all the stealth of a Onmitsukido Leader. While Kyle spoke he was looking at them all from one hundred feet up in the air upside down. His legs were together and his arms folded. He waited until the Shinigami was done with his yapping. He then vanished again with style and grace, appeared between Reyne and Kyle, and vanished again. He enjoyed doing such things. Ghosting is what he called it. Appearing for a split second with reiatsu so low that detecting it was like detecting a ghost. You did a double check. And when you checked again, he was gone. Armond had returned to the shadows again, and to sate Kyle's ever growing interest in the shadows used one of the Onmitsukido's oldest skills to send a clone out to attack him. The clone threw a punch at Kyle, aiming for his stomach. The real Armond vanished and reappeared one hundred and fifty feet above them all, once again hanging upside down, and with reiatsu so low it wouldn't register as anything less than a faint humming would in a crowd of people. It was easy to hide your reiatsu when you were surrounded by powerful beings of the same nature.
    Reyne
    Reyne
    Level 20

Post by Reyne Fri Aug 13, 2010 2:14 am

Reyne looked up at the two men, yes they were brothers; however most days they were nothing a like. Reyne smiled and  replied to Kyle "I'm fine, thanks for asking." she said with a kind tone. Reyne then looked over to Shin who was telling them about what they must do and sighed. As she listened she hated this test even more. How was she to make him summon his bakai? let alone not die once he did, she could probably pass the first parts of the test, it would be the teamwork, bakai, and surviving till Shin felt she passed would be the tough part.

Reyne smiled slightly at Kyle trying to give her pointers on Shin, it was cute. However she frowned when he made it sound like she needed Zenos help, but she would take it if he gave it. “Kyle thanks, but no thanks. I've lived a long time and I think I can at least manage to survive-ish against him and if not, oh well.” She giggled and smiled friendly back. She then looked at Zeno with the same smile. “So lets work together Zeno?”

Then out of nowhere Kyle got punched....Reynes eyes opened slightly in shock, seh sensed something wasn't right....Wait....Armond....maybe...merr I can't tell he was to fast...

She then looked over at shin and sighed, "Shin if I survive this, you owe me a big bag of sweets" She then giggled and tied her long hair into put her hand on the hilt of her sword, switching into her fighting stance.She was going to let Zeno begin this battle.
    Shin
    Shin
    Level 35

Post by Shin Fri Aug 13, 2010 7:53 pm

Shin watched as Zeno walked into the field. Late as usual. Nothing Shin would be able to do about it. Not like he cared, Shin had been late to a fight before he had become the Captain Commander that is. Shin then turned his attention to Kyle and Reyne, and watched as Kyle told her to either keep her distance or stay as close as possible. Not a bad plan. But it wasn't going to be that easy to pressure him into using his true shikai, let alone his bankai. After Kyle had finished talking, he watched the fast moving Armond dance around Kyle and Reyne, before hiding in the shadows, and sending a clone out to attack Kyle. If Kyle noticed in time, he might have enough to time to block, but dodging the attack from the clone was going to be next to impossible. Knowing that Armond could take care of himself, he turned his attention back to Reyne, while keeping an eye on Zeno. "Sorry Captain Edo, I ran out of sweets. Maybe next time." This was the last thing he said before he shunpo'd between Reyne and Zeno. "Oh and heres a piece of advice. Don't get seperated." Swinging his pipe one handed towards Reyne, Shin pointed the palm of his right hand just inches away from Zeno. "Hado #33 Sōkatsui!" Shin fires a burst of blue reaitsu at Zeno, knowing it would be almost next to impossible to dodge such a close Kido spell.
    Zeno
    Level 20

Post by Zeno Sat Aug 14, 2010 5:56 am

Zeno gave a confused look as he could swear he saw someone flicker near Kyle and Reyne. There was no doubt in Zeno’s mind that it was Armond, nobody else was as fast. He didn’t care, since Kyle was so bent on only taking on ‘the one in the shadows’ Shin was his primary target. Though how fast and slick Armond is, he could be anywhere, he shouldn’t be so quick to challenge someone when he doesn’t even know where they really are. Reyne gave him a friendly smile, which he took to heart. She had just given it to Kyle as well, but still a smile is a smile. He gave a flirtatious wink in return. Zeno really liked Reyne, for one she didn’t completely have a stick up her ass like most of the others, she gave a carefree vibe that Zeno could appreciate. Now wasn’t the time for this though, they had a large task at hand.

Zeno kept his eyes on Shin the whole time, he didn’t notice Armond’s clone assault on Kyle, and he didn’t detect any reiatsu either, so he didn’t turn around. He honestly wanted to focus solely on the battle at hand, but Reyne asking for sweets as a reward was just too damn…so many words. He hunched over laughing a bit at the statement. He quickly brought his attention back to Shin who, as he looked up quickly flash stepped between them, trying to separate them, then amusingly advising them to stay together. How nice of him, just like it’s nice to tell a kid how good the candy is going to taste then not giving it to them. As Shin extended his hand toward him, he knew what was gonna happen, it’s how Zeno started most of his fights, though he wasn’t proud to admit he had a pattern. Extending the palm to start a hado, by the time the declaration started he dashed himself away from the area of attack. Usually he would’ve taken the risk and went right in his face, but this wasn’t some regular opponent, and he also had a partner to think about. He quickly draw his blade and stood beside Reyne’s area, unaware of the simultaneous attack on her as well. Admittedly he was more focused on Shin than Reyne, but really that wouldn’t last long.

”Shocking, Captain. It didn’t have to be so sudden.” He slid his two fingers from his free hand along the blade, it was time to really start this. ”Reyne, we got to get in his face, put the pressure on him. Also let’s stick close to each other, we’re gonna have to rely on one another.” Shin hearing him didn’t matter, it wasn’t a complicated plan, but it had to work. He quickly went in for a downward strike. Simple and foolish, as well as predictable, but he wasn’t looking to get to some damage yet, more like going through the motions until it was time to really strike. Things were ready to kick off.
    Reyne
    Reyne
    Level 20

Post by Reyne Tue Aug 17, 2010 5:59 pm

Reyne used her height of 5'4'' to advantage and docked to dodge Shins attack. She knew that it wouldn't work to many times, but it would help some. She then thought through a few scenarios of what she could do. ~~I could punch him, just dodge and back up for a better plan or do something now and see what Zeno does, and use our teamwork to full advantage.....that will have to do for now I guess.~~ Reyne then did a hard punch to shins abs, as she sent the punch with great speed and agility, attempting to hit the mark before he could dodge. Then she silently casted Geki which would hopefully engulf him, thus paralyzing Shin for a few moments; and giving her more time to plan a better attack plan. The plus, she hoped with her being this close that it would be hard for him to dodge.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun Apr 28, 2024 1:23 am